Lucknow: The new electricity rates in UP will be implemented from tonight. The good news is that the electricity bill of the domestic consumers using less than 100 and more than 500 units of electricity may come down. Let us tell you that the UP government has given a big relief to the consumers by releasing the new rates of electricity. The government has withdrawn the slab of Rs. Electricity rates in Greater Noida have been reduced by about 10 percent.
The maximum rate of domestic electricity will be Rs 6.50 per unit. According to the new rates, the maximum rate of Rs 6.50 will be charged for spending electricity above 300 units. From 151 to 300 units, electricity will be available at the rate of Rs 6, 101 to 150 units at the rate of Rs 5 and a half per unit. Domestic BPL electricity will be available at the rate of Rs 3 per unit. UP Electricity Regulatory Commission has given a big relief to 1.20 crore poor consumers of the state. Earlier a tariff of Rs 3.35 was charged from these consumers. Now they will give only 3 rupees tariff. The condition will be that they will stay within one kilowatt 100 units.
This rate will be taken from the consumers in rural areas
- Zero to 100 units of electricity in rural areas Rs 3.35 per unit
- Electricity from 101 to 150 units in rural areas at Rs 3.85 per unit
- Electricity from 151 to 300 units in rural areas at Rs 5 per unit
- Electricity above 300 units in rural area at the rate of Rs 5.50 per unit
This rate will be taken from the consumers in the urban area
- Rs 5.50 per unit from zero to 150 units
- Rs 5.50 per unit from 151 to 300 units
- Rs.6.00 per unit from 151 to 300 units
- Above 300 units Rs.6.50 per unit