Republic Day is a day celebrated with great pomp and enthusiasm by the citizens of India every January 26th. This day is marked as a national holiday. This year India celebrates the 74th Republic Day (Gantantra Diwas) on Thursday. On this occasion, the President will unfurl the national flag on the Kartavaya Path, formerly known as Rajpath, and a parade will be held showcasing India’s traditions, cultural heritage, progress and achievements.
Many schools and other educational institutions also host various events such as debate shows, speech and essay writing contests, cultural dance shows, parades, and more. So, if your child is planning to attend one of these events, we’re here to help. Here are some unique speech and essay ideas and tips you can share with your children to help them do great things.
2) The role of youth in development of India.
3) Indian Constitution: Rights and Duties of Indian Citizens.
4) India in the 21st century.
5) What is the difference between Republic Day and Independence Day?
6) Dr. BR Ambedkar, Father of the Indian Constitution.
7) You can also select current political issues/achievements in India.
Tips for Students to Give Fluent Speeches on Republic Day
1) You should rehearse your speech several times until you are comfortable and confident in the content and delivery.
2) You must use simple language in your speech/essay. If you overcomplicate your content and use jargon or complex vocabulary, your audience may lose interest.
3) Always know your audience and prepare your speech or essay accordingly.
4) Include facts to make your speech informative.
5) Always use appropriate body language such as expressions and hand gestures to emphasize the point while delivering your speech.
6) Make sure that thorough research has been done on any subject you assign or choose. This way you can make sure your points are accurate and relevant.