India is the most successful team in Asia Cup history
The schedule of the Asia Cup, starting August 27 in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), has been released, with defending champions India starting their campaign against Pakistan on August 28. This match will be played in Dubai.
India and Pakistan have been placed in Group A while Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and Bangladesh will be in Group B for this prestigious tournament.
Let’s take a look at this news.
Opening match between Sri Lanka and Afghanistan
The teams of Sri Lanka and Afghanistan will face each other in the first match of the Asia Cup 2022. This match will be played in Dubai on 27th August.
On the other hand, apart from India and Pakistan, the third team in Group A will be decided through qualifiers. UAE, Kuwait, Singapore and Hong Kong will play in the qualifying round and one team will qualify for Group A.
such is the program
- August 27: Sri Lanka v Afghanistan, Dubai
- August 28: India v Pakistan, Dubai
- August 30: Bangladesh v Afghanistan, Sharjah
- August 31: India v Qualifier, Dubai
- September 1: Sri Lanka v Bangladesh, Dubai
- September 2: Pakistan v Qualifier, Sharjah
- September 3: B1 vs B2, Sharjah
- 4 September: A1 vs A2, Dubai
- 6 September: A1 vs B1, Dubai
- 7 September: A2 vs B2, Dubai
- 8 September: A1 vs B2, Dubai
- 9 September: B1 vs A2, Dubai
- September 11: Finals, Dubai
India is the most successful team in Asia Cup
The last time the Asia Cup was played in the UAE in the year 2018, in which the Indian team won the title under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma. In the final match, India defeated Bangladesh by three wickets.
The Indian team has been the most successful in the history of Asia Cup so far. India has won the Asia Cup seven times so far. After this Sri Lanka is the second most successful team with five Asia Cup titles.