Major accident in Sasaram, Bihar. Many wagons of the goods train derailed here. The accident took place near Kumbhau station on the DDU-Gaya railway line. Several trains were affected following the accident. Relief and rescue operations are in progress.
The accident happened near West Kumhau station at Sasaram Junction in Pandit Deendayal Gaya Railway Division. Following the accident, the wagons of the goods train are spread out on all the three tracks of the railway section. The wheels of the coaches were also taken apart and many bogies were fitted one above the other. Many trains were canceled due to this. Meanwhile, some have rerouted.
1. 12311 Howrah – Kalka Express leaving Howrah on 20.09.2022 will be diverted via Dehri via Zone-Garwa Road-Chunar.
2. 13009 Howrah-Yognagri Rishikesh Express on 20.09.2022 rerouted leaving Son-Garwa Road-Chunar via Dehri.
3. 12987 Sealda-Ajmer Express leaving Sealda on 20.09.2022 will be diverted via Dehri at Zone-Garwa Road-Chunar.
4. 12321 Howrah – Mumbai Express leaving Howrah on 20.09.2022 will be diverted from Gaya-Patna-Pandit via Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction.
5. 12307 Howrah – Jodhpur Express leaving Howrah on 20.09.2022 will be diverted via Gaya-Patna-Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction.
1. 12260 Bikaner-Seelda Express leaving Bikaner on 20.09.2022 will be diverted via Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction-Patna-Jhaja.
2. Rerouting of 12802 New Delhi-Puri Express leaving New Delhi on 20.09.2022 via Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction-Patna-Bakhtiyarpur-Rajgir-Tilaiya-Gaya.
3. 12350 New Delhi-Godda Express leaving New Delhi on 20.09.2022 via Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction-Patna-Kiul has been operationally diverted.
4. Reroute of 12444 Anand Vihar-Haldia Express leaving Anand Vihar via Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction-Patna-Jhaja on 20.09.2022.
5. 13152 Jammu Tawi-Kolkata Express leaving Jammu Tawi on 19.09.2022 will return to Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction from where this train will be diverted via Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction-Patna-Jhaja.
6. 12382 New Delhi-Howrah Express leaving New Delhi on 20.09.2022 will return to Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction, from where this train runs via Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction-Patna-Jhaja.
7. 13554 Varanasi-Asansol Express leaving Varanasi on 21.09.2022 will be partially terminated at Siderja station and from here this train will return to Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction.
8. 03384 Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction – Gaya Passenger on 21.09.2022 special leaving Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction will be partially terminated at Pusauli station from where this train will return to Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction.
9. Partial closure/commencement of 13249/13250 Patna-Bhabua road leaving Patna on 21.09.2022 at/from Sasaram station.
It is reported that OHE cables were also damaged in this accident. However, as it was a goods train, no casualty was reported. On the other hand, the work teams started moving the coaches from the track and starting the train route. Due to the accident, the operation of trains on the Deendayal Upadhyay Junction-Gaya-Howrah rail route has been affected. The wheels of many trains stopped where they were. The work of removing the wagons of the goods train is in progress.
Dhanapal Meena, a key figure, was working on the track when the goods train overturned. He said the goods train derailed in front of him. She managed to escape somehow. The injured chief has been admitted to the hospital. Where is her treatment taking place?
News from nearby cities
Navbharat Times News App: News about country and world, status of your city, education, business updates, buzz of film and sports world, viral news, religious activities… Get latest news in Hindi Download NBT. App