How to check polling booth
Voter must have Voter ID card along with him to find his polling booth or voter can also find his polling booth according to his name and region. Especially the first time voters face difficulty in finding the polling booth. Those who are old voters, they know about their polling booth, because generally the same polling booth remains, which was there at the time of last polling.
The polling booth can be traced in two ways. Voters can search the polling booth by visiting the website of the Election Commission on their laptop, computer, tablet, mobile or through the Voter Helpline app. The app is available to download for free on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Find out through the website like this
- First of all, the voter has to go to the website of the Election Commission.
- After this go to Voter Portal or voterportal.eci.gov.in.
- Here voters log in through their voter ID card or e-mail or mobile.
- Then choose Find My Polling Station from the options given there.
- Here your EPIC no. Or you can locate your polling booth by entering name and area details. Also, voters will be able to download voting slips from here.
Find this way through the app
- Voter has to download Voter Helpline on his Smartphone (Android/iOS).
- After this you have to log in to the app. For this use EPIC N0., mobile number or e-mail address.
- Then tap on the search bar and choose any one of the given options.
- Voter will have to give his details in Search By Details.
- Search By EPIC No. Voters will be able to locate the polling booth by entering the number given on their voter card.