Kerala women died after eating ‘Kuzhimanthi’ from local hotel, Minister Orders probe

In another suspected case of food poisoning, a 20-year-old woman died after eating ‘kujimanti’, a Kerala biryani dish, from a local hotel.

According to the police, Anju Sreeparvathy from Perurumbala, near Kasaragod, was treated on December 31 after eating ‘Kujimanti’ purchased online from a restaurant called Romansia in Casagorod. was receiving

“The case was registered after her parents filed a complaint. The girl died early Saturday morning,” police told the India Press Trust, adding that further action would be taken based on the forensic report.

The girl was being treated at her private hospital and was taken to another hospital in Mangalore, Karnataka, where she died.

Meanwhile, State Health Secretary Veena George has ordered an investigation into the incident.George told reporters in Pathanamthitta: “You have been instructed to file a report on the incident to the Food Safety Commissioner. The DMO is also investigating the incident and the treatment provided to the girl.”

She said the licenses of hotels accused of food poisoning would be revoked under the Food Safety and Standards Act (FSSA).
Earlier this week, a nurse from Kottayam Medical College was reported dead after eating food at a restaurant in Kozhikode.

0 0

Thank You For Your Vote!

Sorry You have Already Voted!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *